For over 25 years Lacie has devoted herself to understanding ancient practices, to seek growth and wisdom, to enrich lives through her varied offerings, to connect with, support, and assist students in healing themselves.
“I have invested well over 1000 hours of certifications and courses, over 500 hours in Sadhanas, and over 25 years of training and study to meet myself. And I still feel like I am getting to know myself. I am still growing, evolving, studying, engaging in everything and anything that enhances my connection to the harmonics of the base line of our existence. To offer a greater contribution to the peace within, the peace of our community, planet, and universe. To devote myself as a student and teacher of graceful transformation in the foundation of kindness and strength. There is a beauty in awakening oneself to awareness, there is a balance of energies when we take action towards truth. There is a flavour of tranquility when walking the yogic path.”
– Lacie Cosgrove
For over 25 years Lacie has devoted herself to understanding ancient practices, to seek growth and wisdom, to enrich lives through her varied offerings, to connect with, support, and heal others.
Lacie brings a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to her teaching style which is both comprehensive and transformative. She truly enjoys working with and connecting with all people and makes them feel welcome and supported by listening and creating sequences and strategies that tune into their needs.
Fourteen years of martial arts experience laid the foundation of Lacie’s training, beginning at age 12 when she discovered a love for Kung Fu. At 14 she began leading class warmups and kids lessons, and as her confidence and experience grew over the years, her dedication and skill earned her a third degree black belt. She also cross trained in Boxing, Jujutsu, Silat, Thai Chi, Kickboxing, and…
At age 14 Lacie also adopted a dedicated home practice of yoga.
Her original intention was to improve her flexibility in Kung Fu based on a suggestion from her Mom, but immediately the roots were planted deeply and yoga became an institution in Lacie’s life. At age 18 Lacie began participating in formal yoga classes and workshops in Fernie, British Columbia, and yoga became a daily practice that she still follows today. An interest in the culinary arts brought Lacie to the Grand Floridian Hotel and Spa in Disney World, Florida. In Florida she became a Red Seal Chef and also met her teacher, Yogi Baba Prem. Lacie is profoundly grateful to Yogi Baba Prem, for his patience, devotion, and ability to transmit ancient knowledge.
Lacie immersed herself deeply in the field of yoga and ancient healing, taking over 1000 hours of courses to better understand deep rooted modalities such as Asana, Mantra, Mudra, Meditation, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Reiki, Shirodhara and Shiatsu.
In 2001 Lacie and her Mother founded Acu Harmony & Health in Stony Plain, Alberta, and have collaborated together for over 15 years offering yoga classes, workshops, retreats, Thai Yoga massages and ancient healing. Lacie has taught thousands of classes to hundreds of students, at one point teaching 26 classes per week. In Alberta Lacie had the wonderful experience of offering the first children’s yoga program in the area, teaching a special group of kids for over 10 years. Lacie founded non-profit charitable organization The Healing Seed Canada in 2008, inspired by a similar organization in Nepal. The Healing Seed endeavours to assist in relief of poverty, advancement of education, international development, disaster relief, and local community support. Lacie is the co-founder of North Shore SUP Yoga Surf, combining stand up paddle boarding with yoga, and is also the cofounder of Chocolate Mistico, selling handmade cacao and elixirs at the farmers market in Sayulita, Mexico.
Fuelled by a love of surfing, Lacie is currently experiencing cross culture living with her family, sharing her time and services between two countries: Canada and Mexico.
The family, including her two daughters, are engaging in the culture, language, and diversity, strengthening their ability to adapt while adopting a welcome new routine of surfing followed by fresh coconuts and tacos.
Universal Yoga (now known as The Florida Vedic Institute), Yogi Baba Prem
- Continuing education weekly
- Level 1 Philosophy Home Study Course, over 100 hours
- Level 1 Teacher Training in Raja/Kundalini Yoga, Basic Sanskrit, Universal Yoga Religious / Spiritual study hours
- Mantra Teacher Training Certification Course
- Sacred Stone Shirodahara Therapy Certification, 50 hours
- SUP YOGA teacher training
- SUP workshops with Dave Kalama and Jim Terrell
- USA Certified Instructor
- Intensive Primary Series, 40 hours
- Ancient Thai Massage, over 40 hours
- Basic Rescuer Level C
- Health Care Provider Level C
Lifesaving Society, the Lifeguarding experts of Canada
- Bronze Medallion, 20 hours
Introduction to Free Diving
- Taught by Jillian Rutledge, 4 hours
- National Coaching Certification, Level 1 Technical Gymnastics
- Advanced Teacher Training Course, 74 hours
- Basic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, 22 hours
- Applied Anatomy for Yoga Practioners Certificate, 18 hours
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training, 200 hours
- 1st Degree Black Belt
- 2nd Degree Black Belt
- 3rd Degree Black Belt
- Middle Eastern Dance Instructor Training Level 1
- Culinary Arts
- Food Sanitation & Hygiene
- Journeyman / Red Seal Certificate Culinary
- College & International Interactive Learning Program
- Middle Eastern Dance Instructor Level 1
- 1st Degree Reiki
- 3rd Degree Reiki
- Karuna Reiki Practitioner
- Karuna Reiki Teacher (Qualified to treat, attune, and teach all levels, registered by the International Center for Reikki Training)
- CranioSacral Therapy Level 1
- Level 1 Reflexology
- 2 day Training in Shiatsu Therapy
- Lotus Palm School of Thai Yoga Massage Intensive 1
- Lotus Palm School of Thai Yoga Massage Intensive 2
- Advanced Postures
- Prenatal Thai Yoga Massage
- Ayurveda & Thai Yoga Therapy 1
- Ayurveda & Thai Yoga Therapy 2
- Invited to be a teacher for Lotus Palm in 2008
- Pulse Practicum, 14 hours
- Healing Emotional Trauma, 12 hours
- Pulse Practicum, 38 hours